CenturyLink SR LEAD IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER in Bellevue, Washington
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
We are looking for someone who has experience with Storage and VM Ware. We need someone that has large scale systems experience and someone who has run those systems in production.
CenturyLink Cloud is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer focused on large scale storage, distributed computing, hypervisor implementation and administration with passion for automation, talent for eliminating ambiguity, and a relentless drive for improvement. This role within the Platform Core team focuses on transforming day to day service engineering activities into long term, sustainable actions or eliminating them. Platform Core touches all levels of the stack and is responsible for the past, present, and future in concept, design, and execution.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage the availability, scalability and efficiency of CenturyLink Cloud Platform by engineering reliability into software and systems
• CenturyLink Cloud Platform ownership relating to technical issues involving all current and future cloud platform technologies.
• Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for massive cloud scale.
• Automate data driven compute and storage system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
• Integrate with the rest of the team, engineers, product owners, and executives to deliver on the robot that runs the cloud.
• Work a daily schedule that has been established through the team, and cover periodic on-call duty.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 10+ years of Information Technology Experience with specialization in one or more of the following:
o 5+ years of experience with storage infrastructure, and support for large-scale production environments
o 5+ years of experience working in critical service production environments.
o 5+ years systems engineering experience with Microsoft and Linux operating systems
o 5+ years of experience with virtualization technologies, VMWare HA a plus
• Ability to technically identify issues and resolve
• Solid experience with scripting including, but not limited to, Python and PowerShell.
• Strong technical knowledge of storage operations under virtualization platforms
• Understanding of storage performance characteristics and how to tune and resolve them
• Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills and the ability to secure results through others.
• High degree of initiative and dependability
• Ability to work with little supervision.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with peers, engineers as well as senior management and customers.
• Experience managing multiple, simultaneous, significant projects and initiatives.
• Passionate about providing high quality customer experiences and learning new technologies
Alternate Location: US-Washington-Bellevue
Requisition # : 137919
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.