CenturyLink LEAD ENGINEER- in Denver, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Please note: The following posting is for a Project-Based position with a defined start and end date (limited term). Depending on the project, the term of employment will be between 3 and 24 months. The employment end date will be tied to the project end date (although there is no guarantee of continued employment at any point).
Location : Minneapolis or Denver
Engineering and design services in support of Xcel Energy’s capital project portfolio, including but not limited to: Frame Relay Replacement Project, PTT Bandwidth Upgrade Project, Field Area Network (FAN) Project, Corporate Wide Wireless LAN Project, E911 Project, Corporate VoIP Expansion Project and other Planned/Unplanned Network Upgrades.
• Network planning and design documents as requested by Company, including but not limited to 1 year, 3 year, 5 year and 10 year network plan that addresses physical and logical needs of the network and any technology changes that may need to occur with milestone timing requirements.
• Capacity planning reports as requested by Company, including by not limited to report that provides analysis of available bandwidth remaining within the network.
• Evaluation and accuracy of existing network documentation. In the event documentation is not up to Company approval, updated documents are to be generated for review and approval by Company.
• Network performance analysis documentation as requested by Company, including but not limited to latency, refraction, how many dropped packets per second as well as all actual physical metrics indicating how the network is performing.
• Develop technical documentation as requested by Company.
IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS, G.8032, EIGRP
Solid understanding for the OSI or TCP/IP model
LAN/WAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Networking Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning.
Has the ability work independently with little supervision.
Deep understanding of Network Transport Services such as MPLS, DWDM, SONET, Metro Ethernet.
CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver; US-Minnesota-St Paul
Requisition # : 140146
Please Note: The following posting is for a Project-Based position with a defined start and end date (limited term). Depending on the project, the term of employment will be between 3 and 24 months. The employment end date will be tied to the project end date (although there is no guarantee of continued employment at any point).
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.