CenturyLink Senior Post Sales Engineer in Las Vegas, Nevada
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Senior Post Sales Engineer
The Senior Post Sales Engineer will interface with various levels of management and multiple internal work groups and organizations to lead and direct customer service improvements, resolve customer service problems and issues, and act as the primary technical resource to the customer. Will provide a single point of contact for assigned accounts and are accessible 24x7.
• Providing customers with a superior customer service experience through communication, coordination, and facilitation.
• Will perform escalations to help facilitate timely and accurate resolution of repair issues. Will develop service improvement plans, process issues and solutions.
• Will be the post-sales technical resource for customer and account team questions, escalations, and information.
• Manages the overall health and welfare of complex voice and data products and services that are challenging and unique to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Will lend expertise for responses to proposals; specifically addresses any items on RFPs pertaining to how CenturyLink performs maintenance, change management and proactive monitoring on products.
• CPE – A solid understanding of M13s, fiber muxes, high end aggregation, core routers, switches, VOIP, and their applications from local access to the enterprise and WAN environments.
• WAN protocols – a solid understanding of network protocols.
• Products – A solid understanding of Private Line, ATM, Frame Relay, IP, ISDN and Voice Services.
• Industry Terminology – A solid understanding of the OSI model and principles, and a solid understanding of industry terminology i.e. POPs, COs, muxing, CPE, ILEC, HiCap.
• Voice/Data network design principles – A solid understanding of network design to include components end to end. A strong understanding of voice switching.
• Managed Services-Including data center, cloud, advanced IT services, software/applications, and consulting.
• LEC Provisioning and Maintenance – In-depth knowledge of basic processes and the management of LEC activities.
• Data Services – A firm understanding of IP routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, NLSP, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP, EGP, IGP and how they are utilized and the impacts they present in the WAN environment. A firm understanding of IP addressing/subnetting, including private address space.
• Voice Services – A firm understanding of the switched and dedicated networks including VNS dial plans and basic strategies in their application within the network. A good working knowledge of inband/OOB signaling protocols, SS7 network and routing, VOIP and SIP.
• Network Capacity Planning – Identify and make recommendations for capacity augments where necessary.
• Trouble Isolation Procedures – Work with customer and CenturyLink operations technicians to identify when loopbacks are present as well as when they may be necessary to fault isolate or temporarily restore services. Able to identify and recommend test patterns used to assist in trouble resolution of DS-1 and above services. Ability to use basic router commands to assist in fault isolation and trouble resolution.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field and/or 6 years of equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
• 5 years industry experience supporting voice data networks of large business customers.
• Strong analytical, decision making, problem solving, negotiation, communications (oral and written), organizational, project management, team work and presentation skills to lead and influence customer and cross- functional teams.
• Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects and associated deliverables while maintaining strong customer focus.
• Proficiency with MS office product suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and VISIO.)
Alternate Location: US-Nevada-Las Vegas
Requisition # : 140231
Please Note: The following posting is for a Project-Based position with a defined start and end date (limited term). Depending on the project, the term of employment will be between 3 and 24 months. The employment end date will be tied to the project end date (although there is no guarantee of continued employment at any point).
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.