CenturyLink SR LEAD OPERATIONS ENGINEER in AUSTIN, Texas
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
• Lead the engineering team in designing telecommunication and VoIP networks, for Avaya and Cisco systems, UCCX, Voice Gateways, CUCM and Hosted Collaboration CUCDM.
• Assist Operations Manager in scheduling and managing resources needed for all incidents and projects in the Avaya and Cisco environments
• Technically oversee and approve complex system configurations and troubleshooting efforts by the engineering teams for Avaya and Cisco systems including CM, CUCM, CUCDM, CUC, UCCS, UCCX systems.
• Work with Operations Manager and Program Manager to develop telecommunication and VoIP solutions that will meet the customer's business requirements.
• Ability to make command decisions on a daily basis
• Provide the engineering team with leadership and guidance of daily tasks
• Train new and existing team members
• Proactively provide management with situational awareness on a daily and ongoing issues
The Main Responsibilities
• Associates degree in Information Technology, Telecommunication, Networking, Electronics or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in configuring and designing VoIP communication and VoIP network equipment maintenance,
• Minimum of 10 years hand on experience in advanced system troubleshooting, including Avaya CM, CUCM, CUC, UCCS, Hosted Collaboration CUCDM, UCCX, Jabber, voice gateways and management isolation of network outage causes and service restorations including understanding QOS operational characteristics.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Willingness to attend vendor-specific product training as required.
• Ability to work all shifts including weekends & holidays in a 7x24x365 environment.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Telecommunication, Networking Technology or the equivalent in training and experience.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• 10+ years hands on experience in system configuration and troubleshooting, including Avaya CM, CUCM, CUC, UCCS, UCCX, Jabber, Telepresence, voice gateways, Hosted Collaboration CUCDM and management isolation of network outage causes & service restorations including understanding QOS operational characteristics.
• Experience in voice troubleshooting as a SME (Subject Matter Expert).
• Advanced knowledge of NTM Remedy and SolarWinds
• Experience with Cisco and Avaya devices.
• Experience training employees in a classroom environment.
• Experience with technical document writing.
• Experience with use of Microsoft Office Excel & Word.
• Solarwinds Web Help Desk experience
• Cisco/Avaya Certifications (Active or Previously certified)
Alternate Location: US-Texas-Austin
Requisition # : 225696
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.