CenturyLink GIS Network Inventory Analyst in Basingstoke, United Kingdom
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
The GIS Analyst will be responsible for the EMEA Network’s geographical and spatial information including but not restricted to its storage, analysis and presentation. You will have the technical expertise for management, reporting and governance of network inventory. You will have the expertise in GIS principles and has a good working knowledge of network inventory management.
The GIS analyst will be the EMEA Subject Matter Expert with regards to GIS database understanding and manipulation. You will ensure compliance with established data accuracy guidelines, maintain quality assurance, safety, and training requirements in the established geographical area of responsibility.
· understand telecommunications fiber network data.
· undertake desk-based data capture (digitising) to convert paper maps to GIS datasets to, for example, record the location of telecoms cables from original maps received from field techs or 3 rd party vendors.
· create and maintain the structures necessary for GIS data storage e.g. Manholes, polygons, splice closures etc.
· develop tools for loading/transferring GIS data between different systems.
· manipulate, analyse and present geographical information by creating programs to convert GIS information from one format to another.
· use tools to join different GIS datasets and create new information or investigate patterns.
· create reports with good knowledge of SQL scripting.
· Previous experience of working with telecommunications network inventory, specifically Fibre Optic networks.
· Experience with SQL programming/scripting and reporting automations.
· GIS Skills:
o Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software required
o Data management skills to manage GIS data using ArcGIS.
o Experience of general map creation and spatial analysis required
o Knowledge of AutoCAD required.
o Knowledge of ArcPy/Python desirable.
o Experience Smallworld desirable.
Alternate Location: UK-Hampshire-Basingstoke
Requisition #: 184510
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/