CenturyLink Activation Tech II in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
This position will be responsible for the testing of layer 1 and layer 2, implementation of services at layer 1, 2, and occasionally 3, including private line services; Ethernet, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Virtual Private Network (VPN), DIA, Voice, Security, Managed Services and Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) suite of products. Responsibilities will also include product and systems knowledge related to the activated services, technical validations, pre-testing, troubleshooting, activation and post activation with customers.
The Main Responsibilities
Provides complex conceptual and tactical solutions to customers networking requirements.
Optimizes existing designs by demonstrating good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Demonstrate ability to efficiently and accurately design and process customer orders for CenturyLink products
Working knowledge of equipment elements and solutions across switched and special access, MPLS solutions, local loop and long-haul transport in the telephony network
Assigns, configures, and/or decommissions IP resources for the services required by customers, specified in the engineering. Closes tasks related with the request.
Complete activations for external customers with some oversight.
Partner with the applicable departments to trouble shoot activations for Customer Care Managers, Account teams and Field Ops
Troubleshoot post-activation issues.
Proficiently process orders according to service level agreements (SLAs), M&P's, On-Time Performance objectives and quality standards.
Proficiently manage the assigned queue (may be an Automatic Call Distribution (ADC) call queue where assigned) to maintain service level objectives.
Maintain and support the network infrastructure.
Update all systems and databases with careful attention to detail.
Provide accurate and consistent internal and external customer communication during established intervals using phone, email, and ticketing notes.
Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders to understand evolving issues and requirements, understand upstream and downstream implications and dependencies, ensuring key solutions are executed and properly coordinated.
Maintain a commitment to safe practices and hold others equally accountable.
Complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe with a high degree of quality.
Efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Associates degree or equivalent education and relevant experience.
• 5+ years of related experience or equivalent.
• May require technical certification.
• Knowledge of Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) Topologies
• Understanding and ability to interpret Circuit Designs
• Internediate experience with implementation of Circuits: DS1, DS3, Optical, Ethernet, and DWDM
• Internediate experience with Network Hardware including Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points
• Internediate experience working with Internet and Private Network Solutions
• Internediate experience configuring Customer Provided Equipment (CPE) Routers and Switches
• Internediate experience working with Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) Equipment or Solutions
• Internediate experience configuring CPE Routers and Switches
• Telecommunications or other relative field of study/work
• Certifications on related telecom or networking field (2 certifications preferred - Cisco Certified Network Associate and/or Metro Ethernet Form (MEF))
• Experience in working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity (thinking outside of the box).
• Intermediate knowledge of Open Systems Intercommunication model, working knowledge of TDM, Ethernet, Voice, MPLS, Internet Protocol, Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) and Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR)
• Fundamental knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms to include BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP Routing, Cisco
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Cisco IOS, ATM, Frame-Relay, Juniper, Juno OS, DNS, Radius and UNIX
• Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN and ISP) and troubleshooting
• Fundamental knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition #: 226792
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.