CenturyLink INTERN - ANALYST I - SUMMER 2019 in Broomfield, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study. Interns within the Center Optimization & Strategy department will be challenged to apply their knowledge gained in the classroom to real world problems. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience working on real world Innovation Initiatives for a Fortune 500 company.
This position will allow students to utilize their talents and abilities to innovate on active projects at CenturyLink. Interns within the Center Optimization & Strategy group will be responsible for learning to support from a business analysis and/or development perspective a suite of approximately 25 applications which enable the Wholesale Customers and Service Delivery organizations. This will involve creating application code repositories, branches, merges and deployments while ensuring CenturyLink Application and Server documentation is up to date and accurate. Additionally, interns will add analytic tracking code to each supported application and create an admin page for viewing results and generating reports and create plans and methodologies for updating legacy JQUERY code to current standards.
• Previous work or internship experience in IT, testing, development, or business analytics
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Looking for on hands applications within an actively evolving network.
• Able to perform a wide spectrum of complex assignments requiring analysis, innovation and good judgement.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
• Demonstrated ability to deliver presentations in a group setting
• Professional attitude
• Classification: Junior, Senior or Graduate status at a 4-year accredited College or University by start of internship
• Pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in an IT or Technical focused field
• Proficiency or strong aptitude for learning Lucee and Ruby legacy application code
• Proficiency or strong aptitude for learning Oracle and SQL databases.
• General knowledge Systems development life cycle and Agile methodologies.
• 3.0 or above cumulative GPA
• Reliable transportation to and from work location
Technical and/or IT degree seeking a role in IT Business Analysis or Development
Proficiency or strong aptitude for learning Lucee and Ruby legacy application code
Proficiency or strong aptitude for learning Oracle and SQL databases.
General knowledge Systems development life cycle and Agile methodologies.
Proficieny or strong aptitude for learning application testing procedures and bug reporting (some testing experience preferred).
General knowledge of CenturyLink.
Professional skills and relationship building characteristics.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition # : 207335
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.