CenturyLink INTERN - ENGINEER I - SUMMER 2019 in Broomfield, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study. Interns within the Product Development and Technology department will be challenged to apply their knowledge gained in the classroom to real world problems. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience working on real world Innovation Initiatives for a Fortune 500 company. This position will allow students to utilize their talents and abilities to assist with the day to day operation and duties of a lab tester.
Assist in project based activities for Internet, VPN and Ethernet testing.
Responsible for assisting with configuration, testing and documentation of results based on assignment.
Hands-on support and troubleshooting in the lab environment.
Work closely with Senior Engineers to understand testing activities and test plans.
Use scripting to automate specific repeatable tasks.
• IP/MPLS Knowledge, UNIX, Python or Perl Knowledge
- Troubleshooting skills to resolve networking issues in a lab environment.
• Experience with Applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint
• Experience with various development languages
• Experience with various Operating Systems
• Working knowledge of software development methodologies, standards and coding best practices
• Previous internship/work experience within the IT field
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
• Capable of multi-tasking efficiently
• Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology
• Professional attitude
• Classification: Junior, Senior or Graduate status by start of internship
• Pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in an IT-related degree program such as CIS or Computer Science
• Currently enrolled at a 4-year accredited College or University
• 3.0 or above cumulative GPA
must have transportation to/from work daily
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition # : 207074
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.