CenturyLink INTERN - ENGINEERING NATIONAL IMPLEMENTATION - SUMMER 2020 in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Data Science and Analytics group will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. The Business Finance Data Science team is engaged trying to solve complex business problems. Domains encompass marketing, sales, asset strategy, operational and billing problems. The internship will take place in Broomfield, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
This position will allow you as a student to utilize your talents and abilities to innovate on active projects at CenturyLink. Interns within the North American National Implementation group will be responsible for utilizing systems for managing projects, managing contracts, inventorying OSP/ISP equipment/facilities, researching solutions, and documenting processes. This work will be performed in support of national network implementation projects and tasks including On-Net building expansions, OSP/ISP engineering and construction, and related process improvements. Participating interns will be trained and work with subject matter experts across a range of disciplines supporting projects throughout the organization.
• Pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering, technology, and/or business
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; junior, senior, or graduate status at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
• Proficient in MS Office applications
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher
• Must have transportation to/from work daily
• Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe
• Java skills, User Interface ability specifically in Angular, logic, time management, communication skills
• Understanding of telecommunications, contract administration, project management and/or process improvement
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Able to perform a wide spectrum of complex assignments requiring analysis, innovation and good judgement.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
• Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology
• Professional attitude
Masters or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 216604
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.