CenturyLink INTERN -IT SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT - SUMMER 2019 in Broomfield, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study. Interns within the Product Development and Technology department will be challenged to apply their knowledge gained in the classroom to real world problems. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience working on real world Innovation Initiatives for a Fortune 200 company. This position will allow students to utilize their talents and abilities to innovate on products that are tied to active projects at CenturyLink. Interns within the Product Development and Technology department will be challenged to apply their knowledge gained in the classroom to real world problems in any of the following domains:
Develops reports and queries from multiple data warehouse database sources to assist requesting clients in decision making
• Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain applications software
• Participate in walk through of designs and programs providing appropriate feedback to ensure the technical quality of an application and provide solutions to design and program issues
• Explain complex analysis to non-technical stakeholders.
• Communicate with pictures; diagrams; and in writing in a way that makes it easy to understand complex situations and provides useful solutions.
Working knowledge of software development methodologies, standards and coding best practices
• Experience with Applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint
• Experience with various development languages including but not limited to: Java, C++, HTML, CSS, SQL, XML, Objective-C
• Experience with various Operating Systems including but not limited to: Windows 7, UNIX, LINUX
• Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLW, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
• Previous internship/work experience within the IT field
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
• Capable of multi-tasking efficiently
• Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology
• Professional attitude
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition # : 206926
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.