CenturyLink Manager Technical Accounting - Broomfield, CO in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink is seeking a Manager of Technical Accounting for our team in Broomfield, CO.
The Main Responsibilities
• Evaluate and implement new accounting guidance as well as influence activities in the development of U.S. accounting standard setting
• Identifying accounting issues and providing guidance to the worldwide accounting and finance teams
• Perform accounting and policy training for the worldwide accounting and finance teams
• Responsible for the resolution of accounting and policy issues
• Provide cross-functional accounting support
• Manage the resolution of complex accounting issues
• Implement and monitor financial accounting policies
• Review purchase accounting on acquisitions including: US GAAP conversion (if applicable); conversion to CenturyLink Accounting Policies; working with external valuation firm on larger acquisitions for purchase price allocation; completing purchase price allocation on smaller acquisitions (including fair value of deferred revenue); preparing the Opening Balance Sheet; preparing disclosures
• Reviewing proposed standards and drafting summaries for management
• Interfacing with external auditors in evaluating new accounting pronouncements or other accounting literature
• Providing accounting due diligence support for Corporate Development, if needed
• Providing integration support for Corporate Development, if needed
• Preparing annual impairment test of goodwill and quarterly triggering events assessment for goodwill and other intangible assets
• Maintaining the Accounting Policy Manual and ensuring consistency of application worldwide
• Working with outside valuation firm for equity valuations and stock-based compensation
• Assisting SEC reporting group with SEC filings (SAB108, Memos, etc..)
• Assisting internal audit group with Sox implementation, if needed
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 10+ years related experience with a Bachelor's degree or 8+ years related experience with Masters degree.
• Must have the ability to interact with C-level executives, operations and external auditors
• 7-10 years of SEC external reporting experience
• CPA License is preferred
• 5-7 years of experience is Big 4 public accounting firm preferred
• 5-7 years of relevant work experience (technical accounting)
• Strong accounting acumen and knowledge of US GAAP
• Strong project management experience and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written skills
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 224711
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.