CenturyLink Senior Director Marketing- Technology Solutions in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
As a Sr. Director, Marketing-Technology Solutions, you are a key leader of the Customer Success Marketing organization. Through thought leadership and deep technical understanding, this person will drive enablement of the customer facing CS organization responsible for revenue retention, product adoption, and brand loyalty. This person will own the technical ideation and messaging that will be used in targeted campaigns to better inform our customers. This person will be a key influencer in technology roadmaps to ensure the business delivers on customer’s desired outcomes. This person will own the customer transformation & service experience documentation while serving as an interlink between the CX, DX, and Operations organizations.
The Main Responsibilities
• Identification and procurement of key data analytics and market trends impacting all segments of Enterprise.
• Apply data learnings into technical training plans and content for Customer Facing organization.
• Technical messaging aligning to the customer needs, educating the IC’s on the CTL value proposition.
• Technical content creation to position CenturyLink as an advisor on trends and adoption best practice.
• Technical ownership of retention and product adoption go to market plan.
• Influencer of Technology Roadmap, often interacting with CenturyLink’s executive team and key decision makers in Product, IT, and Operations.
• Responsible for documenting the customer journey through customer lifecycle, ensuring that we align to the customer needs.
• Single voice of the team into the market product owners and value workstreams driving prioritization of activities to deliver business outcomes for customers.
• Thought leadership customer interaction though virtual mediums.
• Manages dependencies and identifies roadblocks to delivery.
• Manage simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
• Manage requests and helps establish priorities.
• Develop and maintain metrics, set goals and justify both current and future resources and direction with executive management.
• Communicate well, effectively hold other departments accountable and maintain good relationships.
• Work closely with your A&E, Product, Development, Overlay, and Data Analytics colleagues to deliver cross-functional technology recommendations to improve our ability to deliver on the desired CX.
• Assist in defining best practices, optimal processes and effective communication protocols.
• Understand and evangelize data driven practices necessary to innovate and generate new business questions.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Demonstrated team building and leadership skills and being able to bring people together, hire, develop and motivate staff members.
• Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills on topics for a variety of audiences: product managers, designers, marketers, engineers, CSM’s, CX, DX, and business leaders.
• Deep technical understandings of networking, cloud, and security principles with ability to translate that into actionable content for training CSM’s and adding value to our customers.
• Familiarity with the integration of data into operational processes through the use of RESTful API's and software applications to influence the DX roadmap.
• Excellent presentation skills; ability to distill and present actionable information from complex research or analysis to enable the CSM community and influence our customers.
• Experience in creating and documenting technical and service experience customer facing content utilized in digital marketing efforts.
• 10+ years experience managing projects of all sizes and complexities.
• 10+ years leading highly technical customer facing organizations
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or another related field.
• Successfully managed remote direct reports and worked with distributed teams.
• 5+ years of experience working with and leading quantitative/technical projects and professionals.
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing high-performing engineering teams.
• Managed a team during a company's growth phase or through a major change.
• 15+ years of overall experience.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or another related field.
What to Expect Next
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 228936
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position and your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.