CenturyLink Sr Analyst - Finance - Broomfield, CO in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Sr Finance Analyst is responsible for Sales, Revenue and EBITDA drivers, network expense and margin management, and capital investment analysis for the CenturyLink Wholesale Unit Finance FP&A team. This position will drive reporting efficiency and automation of key activities in coordination with the Wholesale Finance team. This position will consistently craft senior management presentations and will perform deep-dive ad-hoc projects. The position will be instrumental in driving executive decision-making and improving long-term financial performance of the Wholesale Business Unit.
The Main Responsibilities
The Sr Finance Analyst on the Wholesale Finance team driving consolidation and Revenue and EBITDA performance improvement of a $4B annual business:
• Consolidate and synthesize Business Unit (BU) Revenue and Expense forecasts, budgets, variance analysis and financial trends monthly
• Understand, analyze and read out P&L (Revenue, EBITDA) and KPIs to Sales, Business and Finance leadership
• Partner with the BU to understand and drive the key business Sales and Revenue program initiatives performance and expectation
• Convert manual and Excel-based reporting into automated tools such as Power BI and Tableau
• Develop and deliver monthly performance reports to FP&A and BU Leadership.
• Revenue and Sales reporting and analysis
• Network Expense (Cost of Sales) reporting and analysis
• Capital reporting and analysis related to direct deal investment
• Billing Credits reporting and analysis
• WIP analysis
• Drive action based upon financial results, KPIs, and BU needs
• Policy influencer for programs and process decisions for the BU related to customer profitability, capital investment and expense management
• Enforce and set policy for capital and other areas as needed
• Conducts rigorous financial analysis and uses findings to help guide the business in making decisions
• Design and develop complex financial models
• Build professional relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization
• Complete financial analysis and reporting activities, validating own work and ensuring accuracy of results
What We Look For in a Candidate
Bachelor’s Degree in business/ Finance/ Telecommunications or related years of applicable experience
4+ years of relevant experience in a similar rol
Understanding of financial statements (e.g. income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows) and financial return metrics (e.g. NPV, IRR, Payback, etc.)
Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize.
Good analytical/inquisitive thinking skills a must, with the ability to effectively summarize and communicate conclusions (via oral or written).
Detail oriented and thoroughly reviews work to ensure accuracy of results/analysis produced.
Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with various company groups (e.g. sales, marketing, accounting, IT, operations)
Executive level presentation development and interaction with executives
Business case development and financial modelling experience
Experience with analytic and business intelligence software (Hyperion Essbase, Tableau, Power BI, and/or Anaplan preferred)
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 224813
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.