CenturyLink SR LEAD BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
As a Sr. Lead Business Intelligence Analyst, you are a direct report to the leader of the Customer Success Marketing and Data Intelligence organization. The opportunities are matched by equal challenges to educate, guide and provide support through the digital transformation of CenturyLink. Your mission will be to lead the organization transforming data into valuable business information and actionable insights that drives proactive digital and human interactions to achieve the targeted objectives of the organization.
The Main Responsibilities
• Identifies the project’s stakeholders and figures out what they need.
• Manages dependencies and identifies roadblocks to delivery.
• Manage simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
• Manage requests and helps establish priorities.
• Develop and maintain metrics, set goals and justify both current and future resources and direction with executive management.
• Communicate well, effectively hold other departments accountable and maintain good relationships.
• Work closely with your data mining and data science colleagues to make extensive use of data modeling, statistical techniques, and business scenarios to use data to find meaning, explain causation, and make predictions.
• Leverage analytical methodologies to develop business and functional requirements, schedules, and programmatic materials in support of data science products, projects, or initiatives.
• Participate in data intake, extraction, and ingestion processes to align priorities and define clear requirements based upon business value.
• Assist in defining best practices, optimal processes and effective communication protocols.
• Understand and evangelize data driven practices necessary to innovate and generate new business questions.
• Partner with the executive team on how to apply your team’s research to our most challenging strategic questions.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics for a variety of audiences: product managers, designers, engineers, and business leaders.
• Fluent in data fundamentals: SQL, data manipulation using a procedural language, statistics, experimentation, and modeling.
• Familiarity with the integration of data into operational processes through the use of RESTful API's and software applications.
• Excellent presentation skills; ability to distill and present actionable information from complex research or analysis.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• 5+ years experience managing projects of all sizes and complexities.
• 5+ years experience architecting analytics solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or another related field.
• 5+ years of experience working with and leading quantitative/technical projects and professionals.
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience interfacing at executive level
• 10+ years of overall experience.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or another related field.
What to Expect Next
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 228938
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position and your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.