CenturyLink Sr. Strategic Long Range Planner in Broomfield, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Initiates work identifying current or potential problems in the network and defines appropriate solutions. Functions as technical lead and mentors team members, may supervise work of personnel on assigned projects. Acts as lead for mission-critical cross-functional interdepartmental teams.
Provides technical expertise and leadership on the most efficient use of existing and new technologies. Demonstrates detailed understanding of current network configuration and technology to ensure capacity and efficiency of the planned designs. Participates in definition of new network configurations, technologies, and best planning practices. Provides direction for the development of tools to monitor, manage, and report on the network.
Acts as Subject Matter Expert. Evaluates and provides input on new products to enable new service introduction, cost savings, and /or performance utilization under periodic supervision. Leads the development of plans to augment, optimize, and reconfigure the network as growth dictates. Leads cross functional teams to give input to Architecture and Engineering on Planning and Deployment equipment and network design requirements.
Defines requirements, develops, implements and uses algorithmic programming for reporting procedures and methodologies to analyze network utilization and predicts growth trends. Troubleshoots reporting errors and identifies data specific problems within large sets of data. Manually facilitates correction of reporting errors caused by data problems.Defines the need for and documents extremely complex detailed technical methodology for installation of network equipment of moderate complexity, including written directions, graphical equipment layouts, and equipment topology.
Prepares status/progress reports and updates management on projects. Participates in development of reports under limited supervision. Presents new reports and summaries of network data to Management, Product Teams, and Network Planning. Trains users in how to use these new tools and how they will benefit them.
Minimum skills required to perform in this role.
Education Qualifications: High School Diploma/GED or 1 year of relevant job experience. Relevant job experience is described as:
Job experience in similar industry
Job experience with similar essential duties Physical Requirements:
Office – Sits 5 to 7 hours per day; Bend, reach, stoop and crouch; lift 10 lbs.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
· Experience: 7+ yrs
· Education Level: Master's Degree
· Field Of Study: Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
· A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
· Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
· Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Presentation skills (e.g. PowerPoint, ability to summarize recommendation, etc.), strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment. • Strong data/economic analysis skills • Excellent analytical and problem solving skills • Detail oriented with an intense focus on quality • Proven track record as adept and effective project manager • Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and communications skills • Strong programming computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio and SQL • Positive and professional attitude, appearance, and demeanor • Solid entrepreneurial spirit • Experience in an engineering role that included a substantial business/financial focus (preferred) • An ability to understand complex technical issues and learn quickly. • Adaptability, flexibility, and creativity. • Mature, professional attitude; leadership, initiative and mentoring skills.
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-California-Los Angeles; US-California-San Francisco; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Georgia-Atlanta; US-Illinois-Chicago; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition # : 204272
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.