CenturyLink Lead Technical Project Manager - Federal in DENVER, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Contingent position, pending award.
The Lead Technical Project Manager – Federal (PM) supports the Diplomatic Telecommunications Service Program Office. S/he is a member of a small team responsible for implementing and operating global telecommunication networks. S/he is responsible for leading cross-functional teams in the planning and execution of telecom projects, for example:
• new IP and transport service delivery;
• network moves/adds/changes;
• network monitoring design/implementation/reporting
The position requires expertise in functional activities required to successfully implement and support those projects to include:
• occasional proposal support
• project requirement validation
• project scheduling (proficiency with MS Project)
• use of operational support systems
• order tracking
• progress reporting
• change management
• resource planning
• quality assurance
• risk management
• coordination of activity involving internal and external teams
• submission of formal Contract Deliverables and informal status reports to the customer
The position reports to the client Program Manager and interfaces directly with engineering, network management, sales and customer representatives. The PM’s work crosses all legacy merger organizations: CenturyLink, Level3, Qwest, Global Crossing, Embarq, Impsat, USWest, etc.
• PMI certification preferred
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years experience
• Familiarity with IP and Transport technology
• Working knowledge of CenturyLink ordering and provisioning processes, including legacy Level3 systems (IFO, EON, Seibel, Dokuviz, etc.)
• Proficiency with MSOffice including Project
• Exceptional communication: verbal, written, via phone/videoconference, in person
• Self motivated
• Spanish language ability desired
• US citizenship
• Occasional travel and irregular hours
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver; US-Florida-Miami; US-Virginia-Arlington; US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition # : 220455
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.