CenturyLink Operations Technical II - Federal - FEMA in DENVER, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The GSD NOC has an opening for the 1st or 2nd shift for an Ops Technician II - Federal position in its downtown Denver facility. The ideal candidate will have previous NOC experience managing Layer 1 - 3 services and fiber backbone networks. Candidates must either possess an active security clearance or undergo a preliminary security pre-screen evaluation and be able to obtain a security clearance.
Strong working knowledge and experience on Transport (DS-0, T1, DS3. Optical circuits), Metro Ethernet, IP, and Voice services
Technical knowledge and experience on contemporary technologies (e.g. MPLS, TDM, POTS, Voice calling, Ethernet, eLAN-eLine, TCP/IP, BGP, QoS, IP, etc)
Respond to and resolve network troubles for end users.
Open trouble tickets, interface with 3 rd party providers, escalations, RFOs, after-action report investigations.
Collaborate with Federal Program Office for new orders, trouble tickets, maintenance activities and customer coordination
Perform testing and troubleshooting for on-net services
Prepare daily and monthly reporting functions as defined
Work very closely with Federal government NOC customers for all demand and scheduled maintenance
Analyze network troubles and assess performance data
Minimum of 3+ years’ experience with SONET based, long-haul and metro transport networks, next-generation DWDM wavelength systems, DCCS cross-connect systems and/or Ethernet, VPLS, IP, MPLS, Voice platforms
• Previous experience with broadband and/or narrowband circuit maintenance, testing and restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations
• Previous experience with routers, IP protocols, configurations, interfaces is strongly preferred.
• Analyze, test and repair Layer 2/3 network problems. Ensure services conform to customer mandated SLAs for latency, packet loss, jitter, throughput.
Familiarity with Voice lines and platforms
• Demonstrated leadership profile to manage customer circuits, proactively track and escalate issues, engage resources to expedite service/network outages, professional interaction skills with customers and management
• Ability to relate technical issues to management and Gov't personnel
• Prior experience with Transport platforms (i.e. Nortel, Cisco, Ciena, Lucent and Tellabs) and Data platforms (Cisco, Juniper, Adtran)
• Must be able to effectively manage multiple issues simultaneously through effective work prioritization.
• Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and logical thinking when under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to train, coach and develop technical skill set of shift technicians
• Previous experience with Gov't networks and customers. Ability to interface in a professional manner with management and customer is essential
• Flexibility with regard to work levels and shift accommodation is imperative
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver
Requisition # : 217480
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.