CenturyLink Technical Writer /Editor II - Federal in District of Columbia (Wash DC), Washington
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
In support of the Enterprise Machine Learning Analytics and Persistent Services (eMAPS) US Government Program, the Technical Writer/Editor II will provide support for program management activities to include the activities listed under Duties and Responsibilities.
· Analyze many different types of information and arrange in a format that clearly explains objective
· Formalizes writing requirements for the program by providing oversight on documentation to include deliverables, Engineering Design Packages, Engineering Change Proposals. Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), functional manuals, diagrams, charts, forms, and miscellaneous reports as required
· Bring a uniform tone to all communications and policies so there is a consistent voice throughout
· Provides real-time reference support to program personnel in all aspects of professional business writing to include spelling, grammatical skills, paragraph structure, document formatting, better defining technical requirements in written format, and any other items as assigned
· Develops and maintains templates and formats to enhance writing capabilities in a more uniformed and consistent manner, synchronizing overall writing skill sets for the program
· Works directly with security to provide additional classification management support by ensuring written materials comply with the Contractor Data Classification Guide (CDCG) and government directives
· Creates different types of user documentation (how-to guides, quick references, quick cards, or cheat sheets)
· Interview development and content teams to understand product technology & infrastructure, functionality and content and incorporate into documentation at a level appropriate for the intended audience
· Actively participate in meetings related to product development and delivery
· Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to effectively interview technical contacts for content information
· Strong people skills and must be able to work in a group/team environment
· Ability to understand products and effectively write about them
· Demonstrated team player with experience in all aspects of documentation development and delivery
· CLEARANCE: Current TS/SCI eligibility at time of application; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or Single Scope Background Investigation Periodic Review (SSBI-PR) within the last five years that was favorably adjudicated
· Have no break, greater than 24 months, in military service, Federal civilian employment, or access to classified information under the Industrial Security Program
· TRAVEL: Some local travel may be required; 5% CONUS travel
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
· Ability to perform critical reviews and corrections to review documents
· 3 years experience as a technical writer
· Experience working in a technical environment
· Experience working with telecommunications and Federal program desirable
Associates or Equivalent in Business
Alternate Location: US-District of Columbia-Washington; US-Maryland-Linthicum; US-North Carolina-Fayetteville; US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition # : 188209
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.