CenturyLink Lead Security Professional - Federal in Fayetteville, North Carolina
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
In support of the Enterprise Machine Learning Analytics and Persistent Services (eMAPS) US Government Program, the Lead Security Professional will provide security management oversight for customer programs to include both Department of Defense and Intelligence agencies. Security management includes, but is not limited to, providing personnel security, physical security, computer security, classification management, risk management, security training and overall operational security awareness support. Specific contractor security duties are defined per contract and include compliance to industry standards required by Executive Orders (EO) and the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
· Processes paperwork in preparation for Background Investigations (BI) and/or Periodic Reinvestigations (PRs)
· Writes and updates documentation & security plans in accordance with technical requirements and based upon OPSEC practices
· Manages local systems and procedures for the receipt, use, storage, dispatch and destruction of classified and proprietary information
· Conducts security interviews with each employee being processed for a clearance
· Conducts security infraction and violation investigations to include writing reports and defining mitigation methods to prevent repeat issues
· Assures physical security is adequate by inspecting, requesting support to improve posture and correcting deficiencies in construction, alarms, locks, and other security devices
· Monitors secure work area with alarm and combination oversight
· Works together with program personnel in control, dissemination, dispatch, receipt, and destruction of classified materials
· Knowledge of national and collateral security policies, regulations, and directives required to formulate and oversee the physical, personnel and information security aspects of a facility/program
· Knowledge of government standards for protection of classified information, as well as in-depth knowledge of the methods and techniques involved in maintaining a secure facility
· Must be a self-starter and have a minimum of 7-10 years working as FSO/SSO in security supporting Government classified program activities. Proficient with excel, word and power point, able to use multi-media equipment and security communication devices (COMSEC)
· CLEARANCE: Current TS/SCI eligibility at time of application; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or Single Scope Background Investigation Periodic Review (SSBI-PR) within the last five years that was favourably adjudicated
· Have no break, greater than 24 months, in military service, Federal civilian employment, or access to classified information under the Industrial Security Program
· Must have extensive knowledge, familiarity, and work experience with Department of Defense, Department of Justice, Department of Homeland Security and Intelligence Community networks
· TRAVEL: Some local travel will be required; 5% CONUS travel
Associates or Equivalent in Criminal Justice
Alternate Location: US-North Carolina-Fayetteville
Requisition # : 188011
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.