CenturyLink Senior Information Security Engineer - Federal in Fayetteville, North Carolina
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
In support of the Enterprise Machine Learning Analytics and Persistent Services (eMAPS) US Government Program, the Lead Information Security Engineer will provide technical support in Systems Engineering, Information System Security (InfoSec), and Operations Security (OpSec).
· Work with the lead network engineers to develop and implement strategic direction and planning for network services
· Technical and management support providing oversight and guidance
· Ad hoc analyses of technical and programmatic networx security issues
Information System Security Planning
· Network certification and accreditation (C&A) support
· Provide sustainment activities concerning security policies and practices
· Systems engineering support related to the specification, design, development and analysis of communication systems to ensure ongoing security compliance
· Assess security threats and implement system security procedures in a classified operational environment
Operations Security Planning
· Participate in contract activities related to operations security, classification, and security office coordination
· Develop operations security (OpSec) and information systems security (InfoSec) requirements and procedures, and provide security guidance
· Demonstrated ability to interact with senior leadership in both government and corporate environments
· Ability to take a teamwork approach to the job by cooperating with others, offering to help others when needed, and considering larger organization or team goals rather than individual concerns. Includes ability to build a constructive team spirit where team members are committed to the goals and objective of the team
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electronics, Software, or Networks, or a related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience
· CLEARANCE: Current TS/SCI eligibility at time of application; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or Single Scope Background Investigation Periodic Review (SSBI-PR) within the last five years that was favorably adjudicated
· Have no break, greater than 24 months, in military service, Federal civilian employment, or access to classified information under the Industrial Security Program
· TRAVEL: Some local travel may be required; 5% CONUS travel
· Six or more years applicable work experience
· Previous experience and ability to relate technical issues to management and Government personnel
· Professional interaction skills with customers and management
Bachelors or Equivalent in Engineering General
Alternate Location: US-California-San Diego; US-District of Columbia-Washington; US-Florida-Tampa; US-Maryland-Linthicum; US-North Carolina-Fayetteville; US-North Carolina-Jacksonville; US-Texas-San Antonio; US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition # : 188008
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.