CenturyLink INTERN - QA ENGINEER - SUMMER 2020 in LITTLETON, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within Strategic Planning and Transformation will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. This position is primarily responsible to test all aspects of Software Testing – Planning, Creating & Executing Manual and Automated Test activities in an Agile environment. The individual will collaborate with various teams across IT to identify the impacts of test requirements and improve the overall quality of the final deliverables. The internship will take place in Littleton, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
• Work with Agile Teams to analyze/review User Stories & validate Acceptance criteria. Comprehend User Stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of Testing (Unit, Functional, Integration, Regression).
• Clearly communicate Test status to relevant parties. Ability to work with Offshore teams, to handoff work and resolve any issues, for them to make progress.
• Assist Key Business Users/Product Owners and provide demos for User Acceptance.
• Perform Functional code demonstrations to key Business Stakeholders for User Story acceptance and provide proper documentation related to Test deliverables and lessons learnt.
• Execute ad hoc /exploratory testing methodically to ensure system is working as expected by the End User.
• Actively participate in the process improvements to enhance best practices for quality assurance.
• Assist Automation test teams with Test script creation and automation, using day to day testing tools like Selenium, UFT, SOA Test, SoapUI, Fitnesse, Gitlab/Github, Jenkins.
• Pursing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field equivalent experience.
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; senior status at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
• Availabe for Summer Internship: 6/1/2019 - 8/7/2019.
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher
• Must have transportation to/from work daily.
• Exposure to programming languages like JAVA, C, C++ and SQL.
• Exposure to quality assurance testing tools.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition # : 216662
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.