CenturyLink Senior Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
The Senior Engineer will work in a challenging, hands on environment supporting SDWAN. The ideal candidate for this role must be able to communicate effectively with peers, and customers. The job also requires hands on technical support of routers, switches, servers, and firewalls.
• Hands on technical support of routers, switches, servers, and firewalls.
• Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
• Proficient troubleshooting ability.
• Develop and follow a MOPs and anticipate problems, and proactively take corrective action.
• Ability to work in a consultative manner with others, i.e., establish rapport, interview/fact-find, present options/recommend solutions, follow-
up and customer-focused behavior.
• Ability to work cross-functionally with Engineering and Developers.
• Must have extensive working knowledge of the following: Juniper (JunOS), Firewalls, SolarWinds, Cisco Networking Hardware.
• Trouble ticket generation and response; customer interface and escalations.
• Monitoring, configuring, troubleshooting Tier 1/2 events in switches, routers, and firewalls.
• Must be proficient with layer 2 and layer 3 technologies (BGP, VLANs, Trunking, ACLs, IPSec, and L2TP).
• Must have experience with application-level firewalls (proxies).
• Familiar with Network Monitoring tools
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities.
• Ability to develop innovative and creative solutions.
• Create training manuals and train new and existing team members.
• Ability to make command decisions on a daily basis.
• Provide the team with leadership and guidance of daily tasks.
• Proactively provide management with situational awareness on daily and ongoing issues.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and relevant experience
Associates degree in a related field or equivalent work experience in the communications, networks.
6 - 8 years of related experience
4+ with a Master's Degree
Interest in leading edge technologies. Desire to develop own skills and knowledge.
Required computer skills include Outlook, MS Office application suite, circuit topology, and testing tools.
Must be willing to work Shift work 24x7 coverage, weekends and holidays.
Basic enterprise Linux skills.
Masters or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition # : 196808
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.