CenturyLink Sales Director I in Miami, Florida
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
The Sales Director is responsible for managing the field sales professionals within the Miami Florida region. The Director will interface with all levels within the company, especially the leadership team. This person serves as a trusted advisor to the General Manager of the South Region and champions their vision internally and externally.
Lead the process of developing and managing strategic business plans that drive customer: revenue growth, acquisition, and retention and margin profitability.
• Responsible for the overall sales strategy and sales activities.
• Accurately forecast sales opportunities, and deliver monthly sales and revenue quota to ensure profitability goals are achieved/exceeded.
• Directly supervise the sales team to establish employee performance goals and measurements, and partner with them to obtain results.
• Conduct regular account reviews with direct reports to ensure maximum sales efforts.
• Lead the customer account relationships by developing and maintaining high profile relationships with executive customer contacts.
• Strategically analyze the market to determine sales growth potential required to reach revenue targets.
• Build a talent pipeline, coach, train, motivate and grow direct reports.
• Effective communications with direct reports, management, other BUs, customers and support staff.
• Conduct sales presentations to C-level executive decision-makers.
• Possess strong hiring skills to maintain a team of top talent.
• Accountable to effectively manage to financial and resource budget.
• Reports directly to the General Manager for South Florida.
• Must have a minimum of 5+ years of successful Sales Management experience within the High Tech/ Telecommunications/ industry in a sales management role; directly leading a sales team.
• Must have extensive knowledge of all Hosting/Cloud Voice, Data, and IP products with an understanding of Hosting and Cloud products and services a strong benefit.
• Strong communication skills, leadership, analytical and decision making skills.
• Must be highly driven, competitive and lead by example.
• Account planning skills and the ability to effectively develop and execute a sales strategy plan.
• Ability to align resources to develop compelling business case and value proposition.
• Must possess the ability to recognize business needs within varying organizations, in all customer prospects and existing account base.
• Ability to travel as business needs require.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
• Demonstrated extensive experience in the Hosting and Cloud enterprise space.
Alternate Location: US-Florida-Miami
Requisition # : 203369
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.