CenturyLink Architect SE in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
As a member of the Advanced Solutions Engineering team The Premise Solutions Architect is accountable for technical sales supporting of a select group of CenturyLink products and services. This Solutions Architect Team "SAT" is a Centralized resource available to sales teams nationwide. Typical solutions includes primarily CPE designs as well as, Tailored Managed Network Services including SD-WAN, SIP / SBC solutions, Staff Augmentation, and custom Professional Services offerings. CPE Vendor based services Cisco, Meraki, Viptela, Juniper, HPE Aruba, Ciena, Fortinet (Mitel, Avaya and others may also be included). Responsibilities include presenting our vision to clients, support for optimization of solution strategy and design, and driving additional revenue through collaboration and referrals to peer SAT organizations. Solution Architects are leveraged as a specialist resource on large, complex or high potential opportunities with new and existing customers. The Architect SE must possess the ability to understand the customer's business challenges and tie the solution design to those challenges. The Architect SE must have the necessary business acumen to discuss business needs and challenges with customer "C" level executives. The Architect SE should also have the technical knowledge and background to feel comfortable in a technical discussion with senior customer IT leaders and staff. Experience in requirements gathering, due diligence, solution development, financial costing, SOW and proposal generation activities unique to large, complex opportunities and consulting engagements is key to success in this position. Engagement on RFP responses with very short timelines / deadlines are common.
The overall objectives of the position are:
• Provide technical support to help drive revenue through all sales channels for large and complex opportunities.
• Present CenturyLink vision and capabilities to customers & prospects.
• Develop & present complex technical designs for customer solutions.
• Work with Product Management to help drive appropriate product enhancements.
• Engage SAT / SME teams to deliver comprehensive customer solutions.
• 10+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer, Solution Architect or consulting role for a Service Provider in the Enterprise Marketplace, or related operational engineering role
• Experience with network design / development, sales, support and consulting
• Thorough understanding of CenturyLink's products and services
• 30% travel is often required
• Complete understanding of the sales process for large and complex opportunities
• Deep experience with Cisco products, processes and services
• Proficient with common office applications, including MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Visio, Salesforce, Big Machines and other.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
• Knowledgeable on CPE, Network Management, Hosted / Managed Services, SIP, SD-WAN, Data Security, networking standards and typical transport architecture
• Experience creating Statements of Work, cost modeling, proposals, working with 3rd party contractors.
• Experience performing needs assessments, and making recommendations based on the discovered needs.
• Familiar with ITIL and PNP practices and procedures, able to describe value to customers.
• Ability to document solution components in a timely manner while ensuring acceptable level of detail, data integrity, and accountability.
• Ability and willingness to share knowledge and expertise among various organizations within the company.
• Ability and willingness to take the initiative to facilitate teamwork within the various organizations of the company to serve the customer.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Engineering General or Physics
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver; US-Illinois-Chicago; US-Minnesota-Minneapolis
Requisition # : 215663
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.