CenturyLink INTERN - NETWORK PLANNING - SUMMER 2020 in MONROE, Louisiana
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. During this experience you will have exposure to personnel and leaders within our Network Planning team and across North America Operations departments including Operations, Engineering and Customer Care. Intern is responsible for operations supporting the overall design, cost and inventory of CenturyLink equipment by creating and supporting reliable networks that meet CenturyLink’s infrastructure and Product SLA targets. The internship will take place in Monroe, LA. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
Acquire Data, research root cause, analyze and develop reports to support the following planner tasks:
• Assist in developing and defining strategy for the implementation of new facilities assuming the most feasible and economic means.
• Assist in completing complex network designs and cost analysis for projects/sites in their assigned area.
• Learn how to create network designs that encompass additions, rearrangements and removal to facilities as driven by customer contracts, capacity needs and/or network reliability enhancements.
• Analyze the existing network to drive toward the most up to date and reliable network.
• Partner with Engineering and Finance to ensure the overall budget targets are met.
• Analyze local and wide area network systems including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites.
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher
• Pursuing a B.S., M.S., or PhD. degree in Business, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Telecommunications.
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; junior, senior or graduate student at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
• Must have transportation to/from work daily.
• Ability to solve complex design issues in a team environment.
• Interaction design experience creating effective user interfaces.
• Wireframing and prototyping using design-oriented tools.
• Knowledge of modern design technologies and patterns, including responsive design.
• Strong communication and teamwork skills.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition # : 216651
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.