CenturyLink Provision Technician in SINGAPORE, Singapore
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a technology leader delivering hybrid networking, cloud connectivity, and security solutions to customers around the world. Through its extensive global fiber network, CenturyLink provides secure and reliable services to meet the growing digital demands of businesses and consumers. CenturyLink strives to be the trusted connection to the networked world and is focused on delivering technology that enhances the customer experience. Learn more at http://news.centurylink.com/ .
Position Objective/ Summary:
The role of the Provisioning Technician is to deliver network products and services including MPLS. IPVPN, DIA, SD-WAN, OWS and CPE configuration. The objective of the role is to successfully deploy & deliver solutions or products for Clients to agreed timescales, budgeted costs and the required quality levels and to provide technical knowledge of delivery of services to client and internal teams. As a subject matter expert (SME), interaction with 3rd party suppliers and internal teams to troubleshoot and resolve any technical issues is a requirement. The role need to perform queue management, service management and customer interaction throughout the lifecycle of delivery and ensures the successful handover on final acceptance.
• Performs data entry to process orders within multiple systems (internal and/or external). Updates all system notes to ensure latest order status is accurately reflected in the orders systems.
• Verifies customer orders by ensuring all relevant information is contained and accurate in the order to issue an access service request. Owns and resolves all issues or related problematic activities against assigned orders. Coordinate with internal regional, cross-regional team, cross functional team to clarify network orders requirements
• Issues and manages customer orders to 3rd Party vendors ensuring timely and accurate delivery of service. This includes placing network order to offnet LEC(Local Exchange Carrier) vendors and cross-connect orders to Data Centers/POP.Follows up on all pending off-net orders to ensure receipt of FOC(Firm Order Commit Date) from the vendor.
• Drives vendor escalations to first & second level to drive Firm Order Commitment
• Analyses, troubleshoot, isolate and correct complex issues across multi-vendor, multi-layer carrier networks and internal stakeholders.
• Support CCM (Customer Care Manager) on complex installs & status. Work closely with CCM to deliver services to customer.
• Responds to requests and provides assistance to other internal departments with system/task related inquiries or processes.
• Ensure that requirements are met with sufficient planning, execution and validation according to the original customer objective
• Handle decommission of network services & product following the defined process and guideline.
• Act as the provisioning process SME. Proactive in identifying and suggesting process improvements that can increase service delivery efficiency, handover times and customer satisfaction
• Participate in weekly vendor calls to bring up high priority and escalation orders for vendor attention, follow-up & improvement.
• Manages individual daily workload in alignment with revenue commitments and objective targets across multiple orders, systems, and processes. Performs other related duties and tasks as assigned or as required. Manage queue performance per workflow process in a timely manner, On-time delivery
• Provide detail reports and comprehensive summaries on weekly, monthly of delivery performance.
• At least 2 years’ telecommunications or related provisioning experience;
• Understands and implements off-net ordering instructions from the design team;
• Ability to adhere to multiple processes, and achieve a high degree of accuracy;
• Adapts and thrives in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment;
• Ability to manage multiple orders and systems;
• Ability to facilitate issues to resolution;
• Demonstrated effectiveness in escalations/urgent-related matters;
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook);
• Ability to work overtime as necessary
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Team oriented - able to work well with others in a professional environment;
• The role requires a significant ability to manage personal workloads in an efficient and organized manner
• Significant interaction with Vendors, Service Providers, internal teams.
• The role requires working well as a team. Working with, managing, and energizing others, especially in team settings or where quality of relationships makes a difference between success and failures.
• Working experience as a team in large decentralized organization
• Ability to adhere to processes
• Knowledge of transport networks – SDH, DWDM, Fiber, Ethernet and MPLS is preferred
• Experienced in delivering services to clients ensuring Client satisfaction.
• Fluent command of the English language is essential
Bachelors or Equivalent in Computer Science or Information Systems
Requisition #: 217838
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.