CenturyLink Virtualization/NSX Engineer in TOWN AND COUNTRY, Missouri
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The CenturyLink Lead Virtualization Engineer is responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, and support of client managed virtual environments. The Engineer filling this role will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the area of technical focus and will provide leadership, mentoring, and technical guidance within their peer group.
• Actively participate in day to day support and project efforts for client environment(s)
• Act as a thought and process leader for the team
• Follow and promote the use of CenturyLink global process standards
• Actively mentor other team members
• Participate in cross functional teams to foster collaboration within, and outside of, global operations
• Drive documentation lifecycle for client and technology specific areas
• Strive to Automate repeatable tasks where applicable
• Assume ownership of CenturyLink managed services, including both platform and application technologies
• Participate in the daily Monitor, Manage, and Troubleshooting of issues related to Hypervisor Nodes, and Virtual Machines.
• Create concise and accurate technical documentation for consumption throughout CenturyLink
• Participate and collaborate with operations management teams to provide root-cause analysis for client outages and failed changes in the environment
• Drive service improvements and efficiencies through the design and development of effective automation
• Define the standards and documentation for the installation, configuration, and support of client applications
• Review audit and performance results to facilitate proper capacity planning and service management
• Be willing to learn new technologies quickly to meet customer requirements
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong interpersonal skills that drive collaboration and promote a productive and creative work environment
• The ability to effectively communicate with clients, peers, and management
• The ability to develop and maintain internal and external professional relationships
• In-Depth knowledge of the following VMware related products
• In-Depth knowledge in supporting VMware Cloud Foundations (VCF) components:
o NSX-V and / or NSX-T
o vCloud Director
• Basic understanding of network shaping technologies (i.e. load balancers, firewalls, etc.)
• Understanding of VPN’s, BGP, etc. as pertains to NSX.
• Knowledge around other Hypervisors: Nutanix, Linux KVM, etc.
• Knowledge or understanding about Disaster Recovery Related software:
o VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
o VMware Cloud Availability (VCAV)
o VMware HCX
o Zerto, Veeam, Doubletake, etc.
• VMware on AWS
• Be able to execute or write custom scripts using PowerShell, Ansible, Python
Education or Equivalent Experience:
• Minimum of 5+ years of IT experience
• Minimum of 5+ years of Engineering level experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a technically relevant field is preferred
• VMware Certified Professional a Plus
• ITIL Foundations Certified a Plus
**This position can work remote.
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Georgia-Atlanta; US-Missouri-St Louis; US-Missouri-Town And Country; US-North Carolina-Wake Forest; US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition # : 218761
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.